Topic Research - Greek gods and Creatures

Zeus - Zeus is one of the most well known gods, as he is the god of the sky and often considered the most powerful. If I continue with my idea of transposing Greek stories into modern day, I could talk about Zeus' realm expanding into space as he claims it is simply an extension of the sky. Perhaps I could follow Zeus on an adventure after the rest of the gods kick him off Earth for while because he seems to be the center of a lot of mayhem.
Sirens - Sirens are nymphs who lived in the sea and are known for luring sailors to their death by singing to them until they crashed their ships on the rock, at which point the sirens would eat them. A possible space aged juxtaposition could include sirens trying to lure spaceships towards black holes or meteor fields. I don't think there's a specific story that would work very well as an adaptation, rather sirens may make a cameo somewhere in another story.
Hydra Lernaia - The hydra was a nine headed serpent who grew two heads whenever one was chopped off. There is no obvious way to put this creature in space, but the concept of growing stronger t he more it becomes damaged could be used on basically anything. This was the most interesting dragon that I found, but I will keep looking to see if there are others that I could work with, as I really want at least one dragon somewhere in my story. This creature is most known for being one of Hercules' great tasks. I think I will try to start with that story as a platform to begin my own writing.


The hydra being attacked, fruitlessly
Resource Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Joe Green

Week 6 Story : Raja Rasalu