Wikipedia Trail: From Sinbad the Sailor to Deep-sea Gigantism

I recently read the voyages of Sinbad the Sailor and was curious to see where I could get with that. One of the treasures Sinbad finds is ambergris, which I wasn't entirely sure about, so I wanted to learn more about it. I learned that it is found in the digestive tracts of whales to help them break down things such as the beaks from giant squids. I am a fan of giant squids so I wanted to learn a little more about them, and found out the have deep-sea gigantism. This is basically just the tendency for animals that live deep in the ocean to be larger than those that live closer to the surface.
This giant squid is 4 meters in length, without its longest tentacles. Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Joe Green

Week 6 Story : Raja Rasalu