The Growth Mindset

Since I started attending OU, I found out that I learned in a very different way than most of my fellow classmates. While they would spend hours reading and re-reading the textbook, I would skim the topic once, make notes about topics I didn't quite have a handle on, make flashcards for anything I had to memorize, and be done with the whole thing. I would check myself on topics by looking over the subject names in the given topic I was studying and be able to recall most of the useful information. Anything I couldn't immediately call up, I compiled with my notes, and would look at them periodically for the next few days until I understood it. This drove my friends crazy because I wasn't spending the same amount of time studying as they were, but was still getting good grades on the assignments. I've embraced my learning technique and have honed it to be more efficient. This allows me to not spend excess time on anything I know well and providing more opportunities to study the topics I had trouble with.
I've never personally been aware of the concept of the growth mindset, but the videos made it sound as though it was being met with great success, so I am all for it.
Image result for growth mindset 
An interesting picture I found about learning 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Joe Green

Week 6 Story : Raja Rasalu