Reading Notes: Raja Rasalu Part A

The first part of the story is interesting enough. It sets up a good back story, filled with deceit and trickery. It even had my favorite story telling element: irony. It had it multiple times too, which I am a big fan of. The story gets better, because as soon as the cursed prince is old enough to not be stopped (11 by the way, who can't stop an 11 year old?) he goes to the city and immediately starts acting like a brat. The story then sets up Rasalu as a true hero, capable of taking out mighty beasts without even waking up his comrades...while he's still 11.
Well, at least I can stop complaining about an 11 year old doing all these ridiculous things. Now there are inanimate objects performing incredible tasks. My least favorite thing about all the stores I've read so far is how unbelievable they are. Sure, have your magic and good luck, but some of this is nonsense. Although One redeeming factor is that I do like the idea of prophecies, so this story has some merit to it.
The story got interesting, although I'd like to remind someone that an 11 year old is doing all these things. Wither pedophilia is popular or he looks older than he is. Nevertheless, I liked the twist of having the queen kill herself because some beggar said that he ate her crush.
I'm glad the prince didn't forget that he was supposed to be obnoxious. It's my favorite characteristic about him. Now he has a pet kitten, so all is well. Wait, he used the kitten to win a game of dice, for which the prize was an infant, who he locked in a building for 12 years, so that he could marry her. When he would be 23. And she 12. Pedophilia.

The area where the Rasula stayed on his first night away from the city. Link

Bibliography: Tales of the Punjab by Flora Annie Steel Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Joe Green

Week 6 Story : Raja Rasalu